Tenancy Support

There are many reasons why people might need some help from time to time. Issues such as welfare reform, health issues, mental health and debt can all affect how a person can manage their tenancy. Whatever the reason, if you are having difficulties managing your tenancy then our Tenancy Support and Wellbeing Officer is available to help. We offer short term support to tenants and other household members to ensure they do not feel isolated and unable to cope with problems they may be facing. We believe that everyone should have access to the same opportunities and a chance to succeed in living independently in their homes.

Our Tenancy Support & Wellbeing Officer can help:

  • Assess your circumstances and advise you on what benefits you may be entitled to, how to claim and what to do if you are experiencing problems
  • Assist you if you have been affected by changes to the benefit system i.e. Universal Credit, Benefit Cap
  • If you are concerned you may not be able to pay your rent/other priority bills and need help managing your money and budgeting
  • Deal with utility debt such as gas and electric, and applying for fuel discount schemes
  • Assist you to set up and maintain your tenancy i.e Housing Benefit/Council Tax/Discretionary Housing Payment applications, setting up gas & electricity and paying bills
  • Offer assistance to obtain white goods, furniture and/or floor coverings through applications to charitable grants and occupational funds
  • Offer support in accessing opportunities and overcoming barriers to employment, CV preparation and help completing application forms
  • Provide you with basic IT skills and online support
  • Provide emotional support if you need someone to talk to
  • Deal with any other problems you may be facing.

Where we cannot help directly we can link with other agencies if you require more specialised support or assistance.

You can access this service if you are an Ore Valley tenant or you have been offered a tenancy and are about to move in, and you are happy to work with us. 

Getting in touch with our Tenancy Support Officer:

If you, or someone you know would benefit from this service please contact Danielle Porteous on 01592 721 917 or contact us online.