Our complaints procedure
Complaints are good, because they help us learn from our mistakes and put things right, which helps us improve our service over all, ensuring we have lots of happy tenants!
Dealing With Complaints
We take complaints seriously and record and monitor all complaints to ensure our service is improved as a result. We have a two stage complaints procedure:
Stage 1 - Frontline Resolution
- We aim to resolve complaints quickly and as close to the point of service delivery as possible.
- We aim to resolve complaints initially within 5 working days or less, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- At this stage, it is not always necessary to respond to the customer in writing. Many complaints will be able to be resolved verbally, either in person or by telephone.
Stage 2 - Investigation Stage
Complaints handled at this stage are those that may not have been resolved at Stage 1 or are more complex.
When dealing with complaints at this stage we will:
- Record the complaint is at Stage 2 in the procedure
- Acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 3 working days
- Discuss the complaint with the customer to confirm the reasons for the complaint and to understand the outcome they are looking for
- Investigate and provide a full response to the complaint as soon as possible.
We will always aim to provide you with a full response to your complaint within 20 working days, but there may be occasions where our investigations will take longer than this to complete.
If this is the case, we will agree a revised timescale with you and keep you updated on progress.
If we have fully investigated the complaint at stage 2 and you are dissatisfied either with our response or with the way we have dealt with the complaint you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to consider the matter further. Please note that the SPSO will not normally look at complaints if the matter you want to complain about happened more than one year ago or if it has been dealt with in court.
For more information on how to contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman visit the SPSO website.