Housing Services - Covid-19

Housing Services - Updated Friday 15th January 2021


If you are homeless, or need somewhere to stay urgently, please call 0800 028 6231. Someone will be available 24/7 to take your call and discuss your housing options. Fife Council’s homelessness service is experiencing considerable pressure and they are working hard to make sure everybody has somewhere safe to stay.  Phone lines are open but it may take longer than normal for your call to be answered.

Applying for a house

Housing applications can be completed online at Fife Housing Register.   Changes to existing applications can be made by logging into your application on FifeDirect or by emailing housing@orevalleyha.org.uk. 

Housing Allocations and Housing Management

Allocations are open to all housing need categories.  

Priority will continue to be given to applicants in Urgent Housing Need. 40% of allocations will be made available for Statutory Homeless households. 5% of allocations will be made available for applicants in urgent housing need due to domestic abuse or other urgent housing reasons.

As we move into Phase 4 priority for Lack of Security applicants will be given to those in the private rented sector who have a valid Notice to Quit/Notice to Leave.

Where we can do so, we will pursue a transfer led approach to promote turnover and increase housing supply. 

Mutual exchange and assignation requests have been suspended until further notice.

We will continue to respond to anti-social behaviour issues.   You can report a complaint using your My Home Login or email housing@orevalleyha.org.uk.   If you are self-isolating, please let us know as soon as possible, as we may need to visit you if we are investigating a serious complaint about anti-social behaviour.

Covid-19 breaches

You can now report COVID-19 breaches as they happen using this Police Scotland online form.

Estate Management

Our regular estate management visits are still being carried out.  Officers who are carrying out these inspections can speak to you outside your home in accordance with social distancing guidelines but they will not be able to enter your property until further notice.   

Grass cutting and ground maintenance work will continue as normal.  You will be expected to continue keeping your garden in good condition with communal areas and common stairs kept clean and free from rubbish.  Bins should continue to be put out for collection, more information is available at Waste and Recycling Services.  Further information about the booking system being used for Household Waste Recycling Centres is available here.  If you are unable to maintain your garden, or if you have any concerns about the condition of your common stairs, please contact us on 01592 721 917 or email housing@orevalleyha.org.uk.


If you’re experiencing any difficulties with your finances, including paying your rent:

Please contact us on 01592 721 917 - we can make a referral to our Tenancy Support and Wellbeing Officer who can provide more detailed advice and assistance to help you maintain your rent payments.

Tenants affected by Coronavirus who are concerned about paying their rent can claim Universal Credit from the Department for Work and Pensions which includes support for housing costs, if eligible. Please visit https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/