Tenant Participation means tenants helping us to make decisions about how our housing services are delivered.
This is a two way process which involves sharing information and ideas so that we can work together to improve our services for everyone.
We recognise that involving our tenants and service users in everything we do is an essential part of shaping and improving our services, and we are committed to making sure that everyone has the opportunity to get involved in a way that is meaningful to them.
There are lots of ways you can get involved no matter your age or background.
Participation or 'taking part' can mean different things to different people, so you can be involved as much or as little as you want - it really is up to you, but if you think you need some extra help to get more involved just let us know and we will support you as much as possible.
What you can do:
- Membership of the Association
- Join our Estate Management Group
- Become a member of our Management Board
- Read our leaflets, newsletters and performance reports
- Complete and return our questionnaires or online surveys
- Pop in and speak to us at one our our regular local drop in events
- Let us have your comments, suggestions and complaints
If you are a tenant and you think you would like to get more involved, log into My Home to choose the areas that you are particularly interested, or leave a comment or suggestion and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you can contact us or use our live chat service.