Environmental Information Request

The Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 provide a right of access to environmental information held by Registered Social Landlords.

The definition of environmental information is very wide ranging but includes:

  • the state of elements of the environment (air, water, soil, land and landscape, natural sites, flora and fauna)
  • discharges, emissions, noise, radiation, waste measures and activities affecting the environment (e.g. policies, legislation, plans, activities)
  • policies, plans and reports on the implementation of environmental legislation
  • cost benefit and economic analysis
  • effects of the environment on conditions of human life (including health and safety, contamination, flood and buildings)

The Regulations are governed by the Scottish Information Commissioner, who is also responsible for the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.

If you are unable to find the information you are looking for on our website (see our Guide to Information and what we do or do not hold), you can make a request to access by completing the Information Request Form,  via email: foi@orevalleyha.org.uk, in writing to: Ore Valley Housing Association, 114-116 Station Road, Cardenden, Fife, KY5 0BW or by calling us on 01592 721 917.

  • Unlike a Freedom of Information request, Environmental Information requests can be made either in writing or verbally. However, we suggest though that written requests are submitted as they will provide us with more detail about the request.
  • We may not be able to publish all the information we hold.
  • You will receive the information requested within 20 working days unless Ore Valley Housing Association does not hold the information, or there is a reason for it to be withheld.  We will contact you in any event.
  • In some circumstances a fee may be payable and if that is the case, we will let you know. Our Charging Schedule can be found in our Guide to Information.