Your Ore Valley...Your say...
Following the announcement of Ore Valley & Kingdom Housing Association’s partnership discussions late last year, Ore Valley is keen to ensure that your views, priorities and any concerns or questions you have about the proposed constitutional partnership with Kingdom Housing Association are dealt with by an independent organisation.
We have commissioned the Tenant Participation Advisory Service (TPAS) to provide independent information and advice about the future plans for OVHA and ensure that your views can influence the future of your homes and services.
Find out more
- Who are TPAS?
TPAS Scotland is an independent tenant-led organisation, working for many years with tenants and landlords across Scotland. OVHA has asked TPAS to be your Independent Advisor for the proposed partnership with Kingdom housing Association.
TPAS are available to:
- provide independent information and advice about the future plans for OVHA and ensure your views can influence the future of your homes and services
- answer your questions
- find out your priorities for your future homes and housing services
- assess the partnership proposals, including the business plan and financial plans to ensure that the proposal is robust
- clarify any issues or concerns you may have
- Who are Kingdom Housing Association?
Kingdom Housing Association (KHA) is a Registered Social Landlord, like Ore Valley it’s a registered Charity. Kingdom are based in Fife and work across East Central Scotland, providing housing to meet a wide range of needs. They have 4000 affordable homes, the majority for rent, they also provide Mid Market Rent, affordable housing for sale and factoring services. Kingdom employs around 380 staff and has a turnover of circa £20m per annum.
KHA is the parent company of the Kingdom Group and there are 2 subsidiary organisations. Kingdom Initiatives Ltd (KI), a non charitable subsidiary, it can progress activities that KHA can’t undertake, due to its charitable status, such as. Development and management of Mid Market Rent homes.
Kingdom Support and Care CIC (KSC) it is a Community Interest Company and provides a full range of care and support services to help people to live independently in the community.
In addition, Kingdom are involved in a number of initiatives which go beyond the mainstream housing provision, in support of their mission ‘More than a Home’.
- Managing the Fife Care and Repair and Small Repairs Service.
- Private Sector Adaptations Service in Fife.
- Fife Works, which provides employment and training initiatives
- Through their Community Initiatives programme, they also work with a number of partners, including schools and colleges helping to deliver community benefits.
For more information visit www.kingdomhousing.org.uk
- Why form a constitutional partnership?
Ore Valley has worked informally with Kingdom HA for many years on regeneration projects, the development of new homes, the Fife Housing Register and the development of housing strategy for Fife, so we are not strangers to each other and how we deliver our services.
Following discussions and the completion of an options appraisal, both Ore Valley and Kingdom have concluded that closer and more formal partnership is a good idea and that there are benefits in continuing to explore the constitutional partnership option.
Constitutional partnership in this case would mean Ore Valley, whilst retaining its identity, its office base, its staff and you our tenants, would become part of the Kingdom Group and in doing so would be able to access a range of services and benefits which would result in Ore Valley being able to provide better outcomes for tenants.
Your views & questions
We are holding a series of drop in events and we would like as many of you, our tenants, as possible to come along and chat to us about your thoughts and views on what you think is important for you, your home and your area.
Find out more over a cuppa, cake and chat at our drop-in sessions taking place between February 17th and March 14th. TPAS will be at the sessions marked.
You can also contact TPAS via:
Email - email@example.com
Freephone - 0800 049 5761
Pop in to our drop-in sessions:
Ore Valley Housing Association, 114-116 Station Road, Cardenden
- Every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday Morning 10am - 12pm
- Every Wednesday Evening 5pm - 7pm
- Saturday 22nd February 10am - 12pm - TPAS attending
- Thursday 27th February 10am - 12pm - TPAS attending
- Saturday 14th March 10am - 12pm - TPAS attending
Ore Valley Business Centre, 93 Main Street, Lochgelly
- Every Wednesday Morning 10am - 12pm
- Saturday 29th February 10am - 12pm - TPAS attending
- Wednesday 11th March 10am - 12pm - TPAS attending
Rosewell Office, 42 Rosewell Drive, Lochore
- Every Wednesday Afternoon 2pm - 4pm
- Saturday 7th March 10am - 12pm - TPAS attending
- Wednesday 11th March 2pm - 4pm - TPAS attending