Tenants Home Contents Insurance

We know that with living costs increasing money can be tight, but it is is still a good idea to plan your household finances to include affordable home contents insurance, as this could avoid you having to replace something that has been lost, stolen, damaged or accidently broken at a time when you can least afford it.


  • 20 Sep 2022
  • Budgeting and Welfare

Thistle Home Contents Insurance Scheme is administered by Thistle Tenant Risks and provides cover for the contents of your home, including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments, against fire, theft, water damage, storms & floods and other perils.

What other cover is available on the Thistle Home Scheme cover?

The scheme offers, as standard, cover for accidental breakage of mirrors, fixed glass in furniture, cooking hobs and oven doors while in the home.   There is also cover available for accidental damage to televisions (including satellite dishes, decoders and television aerials fixed to your home), home computers, and home eentertainment equipment in the home (Excluding damage whilst the home is unoccupied).

This does not cover items designed to be portable such as mobile phones, iPods, tablets and laptops.  If tenants require cover for these items and more, they could obtain extended accidental damage cover for an additional premium.  Extended accidental damage covers accidental damage to contents whilst they are in the home.  It offers greater protection, against accidents such as spilled paint, a dropped phone or broken ornaments. (Cover excludes contents not inside your home, damage caused by wear & tear and caused by electronic, electrical or mechanical breakdown and failure).

Visit www.thistletenants-scotland.co.uk/ to find out more about affordable tenants home content insurance.