Friday 15th February is #FuelPovertyAwarenessDay.
It's a day to raise awareness of fuel poverty and the importance of living in a warm and safe home.
Fuel poverty is when a household is unable to afford to heat their home to an adequate temperature. The causes for this can be complex, however it can be due to three factors; low-incomes, high energy costs, and energy inefficient housing.
If you are struggling with fuel poverty and would like some advice Cosy Kingdom is a free and impartial energy and debt advice service available to all tenants and homeowners across Fife.
Cosy Kingdom also offer free home visits where they can help you with things such as:
- Understanding your energy bills and tariffs
- Switching suppliers
- Applying for Warm Homes Discount
- Understanding your heating controls
- Free benefit checks
- Fuel debt
- Identifying eligibility for grants and funding for new heating systems, insulation and renewables
- Free Handy Service for those eligible for free energy saving measures
Of course, we are also here to help at Ore Valley. If you need advice or help with energy bills, fuel discount schemes, benefits and budgeting you can contact our Tenancy Support & Wellbeing Officer, Danielle Porteous on 01592 721 917.